Sam Hiew is an experienced Science Writer and Healthcare Communications Consultant. Here’s a summary of her experiences:
- Developing interview questions aimed at research academics and healthcare professionals
- Conducting one to one in depth interview
- Managing the production of healthcare videos
- Writing news articles about healthcare breakthroughs
- Writing clinical research funding grants
- Collating eBulletin for stakeholders
- Managing social media accounts
Sam graduated with a PhD in Cervical Cancer and Childhood Leukaemia Research from UCL, a MSc. by Research in Cancer Virology and Immunology from University of Leeds, and a BSc. in Genetics and Molecular Biology in University of Malaya.
Building on a decade of scientific research knowledge, she decided to forge a career in healthcare writing. Sam joined PAREXEL as a medical writer and later Imperial College AHSC as an impact writer and Communications Officer. Here, she worked with high profile NHS managers, directors, and clinical academics. She gained a good understanding of the translational pipeline, from laboratory research through to clinical trials, secondary care and wider adoption across community care.
As the first Imperial College AHSC Communications Officer, she worked directly with the Director of Communications to build the AHSC communications strategy from the ground up.
Aside from being behind the camera as a manager of video production, Sam also performs commercial acting and has worked with many corporate, healthcare and pharmaceutical clients.