As an experienced healthcare writer, I have a proven track record in writing high impact proposals for academic and healthcare institutions, as well as producing scientific communications material. Depending on my target audience, I am able to write for senior government executives as well as the man on the street. My specialist areas include:
Writing for Government and Not-For-Profit Organisations
- Proven knowledge depth on translational medicine and understanding of how research findings are translated into clinical benefits for patients.
- Conducting interviews with clinical academics and healthcare professionals using comprehensive performance metrics.
- Reporting news stories where translational medicine resulted in improved patient outcomes (example below):
- Publishing an app review for cancer patients in Lancet Oncology.
- Writing university reports for submission to the Department of Health.
- Possessing specialist knowledge of the science around disease areas which include (but not limited to) cancer, obesity, diabetes, infectious diseases, genetics and mental health.
- Managing stakeholders and projects.
- Proofreading and editing, which had been remarked upon as ‘speedy’ and ‘beautifully summarised’.
- Creating, managing and populating the Imperial College AHSC E-bulletin (example below):
Writing for Patients
- Report stories where the patients’ health outcomes are transformed by healthcare innovations.
- Written medical education and communication materials such as news articles, patient information leaflets and patient information website as part of disease awareness campaigns.
- Experienced in managing research communications to the public on websites and social media.
- Passionate about promoting patient and public health involvement and engagement across secondary care and public health.