Sam has a proven track record as a Communications Consultant, having executed many communications projects within specified deadline and budget.
Sam has written in depth high impact proposals for university and healthcare institutions, as well as lay summaries in news articles published in science journals and university websites. Her experiences include:
Research Writing for A Research Submission to the Department of Health
- Conducting interviews with clinical academics and healthcare professionals using comprehensive performance metrics.
- Presenting research highlights to the rest of the team.
- Collating summaries of impactful translational research in Metabolic Medicine, Brain Sciences and Diseases, and Infectious Diseases that improved patient outcomes in the AHSC application submitted to the Department of Health.
Writing for Science Journals, Websites, and General Public
- Writing an app review for cancer patients in Lancet Oncology.
- Reporting news stories as a result of attending patient engagement and innovations events:
- Writing news articles following interviews with research and healthcare experts:
Curating a Monthly Bulletin for Stakeholders
- Creating, managing and populating the Imperial College AHSC eBulletin (example of editions below):
Managing Video Production
- Creating interview questions and managing every stage of the video shoot, editing, feedback and upload.
- Centres for Translational Medicine (CTM)
- CTM for Brain Sciences and Disease
- CTM for Women’s Health, Neonatology and Paediatrics
- CTM for Surgery and Technology, Cancer and Haematology
- CTM for Population Health and Primary Care
- CTM for Stratified Medicine
- CTM for Respiratory and Cardiovascular Diseases
- CTM for Metabolic Medicine
Other Skills and Interests
- Specialist scientific knowledge of disease research areas which include (but not limited to) cancer, obesity, diabetes, infectious diseases, genetics and mental health.
- Experienced in communicating research highlights to the public on websites and social media.
- Passionate about promoting patient and public health involvement and engagement across secondary care and public health.